Andrew, a director, has expertise in complex commercial and criminal litigation. He has successfully defended a broad range of high-stakes lawsuits, including environmental cleanup and international trade disputes, as well as antitrust, consumer fraud, product liability, construction defect/delay, minority shareholder oppression and employment discrimination matters. As many of his cases involve "bet the company" or multimillion-dollar interests, Andrew collaborates with his clients to develop and execute winning strategies. His representative clients have included ExxonMobil Corp., AvalonBay Communities, Inc., Infineum USA L.P., Mercedes-Benz, USA, Nitram Energy, Inc., Morton Grove Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Yantai North Andre Juice Company, Ltd. and Carriage House Imports, Ltd.
Peers give Andrew an AV Preeminent™ rating of 5 out of 5 for professional excellence, as published in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, an authoritative resource about the legal profession. As a result, he was selected for inclusion in the New York Area’s Top Rated Lawyers, put out by Martindale-Hubbell and ALM Media, LLC. He also has been selected each year since 2007 for inclusion on the New Jersey Super Lawyers© list and since 2012 as one of the Top Attorneys in Business Litigation in the Corporate Counsel edition of Super Lawyers, based on a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.*
Andrew also is a member of the Morris County Chancery Mediation Panel.
In addition, his advocacy and leadership extend beyond his work to a wide range of civic affairs. In 2017, Pope Francis bestowed upon him the title of Knight of the Order of St. Gregory the Great. Andrew also is chairman of the Board of Trustees of Saint Paul Inside the Walls, a Catholic Center for New Evangelization; chairman of the Board of Trustees of Assumption College for Sisters; and a member of the Delbarton School Alumni Board. In addition, he served as president in 2008-2009 of the Board of Trustees for Programs for Parents, Inc., which supports Essex County children, families and child-care providers.
- Complex business litigation
- Environmental law
- Employment law
- Products liability
- Criminal defense
- New Jersey, 1990
- District of Columbia, 1993
- New York, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1991
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1990
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1990
- Williams College, B.A., Political Science, cum laude with highest honors, 1987
- London School of Economics and Political Science, 1986
- National Head Start Association Humanitarian of the Year Award
- Vivere Christus Medal, given by Bishop Arthur J. Serratelli of the Diocese of Paterson, 2010
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Seton Hall University School of Law, adjunct professor, Appellate Advocacy, 1995-2008
- Morris County Chancery Mediation Panel