Patti joined the firm as a partner after a notable career as a prosecutor with the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office and the Manhattan District Attorney's Office. Patti now focuses on litigation, and, in the years since she prosecuted crime, has litigated employment, environmental and commercial matters, and has provided white-collar criminal defense.
She provides comprehensive assistance to corporations and business entities on issues such as in-house investigations, general investigations, employment advice, environmental claims, criminal allegations, subpoena assistance and contract disputes. In addition, she brings extensive interviewing, strategizing and evidence-gathering experience to her internal investigations and litigation matters. Patti’s government experience and science background also have assisted her in providing support to clients in regulated industries, such as energy and pharmaceuticals.
Patti previously served as Chief of Law Enforcement Service, Deputy Director and Executive Assistant Attorney General of the New Jersey Division of Criminal Justice. At the Manhattan DA’s Office, Patti had been a designated homicide assistant, sex-crimes assistant, domestic violence assistant and Criminal Court Supervisor, and served as the Director of Legal Staff Training.
She has been honored by the National Council of State Governments with the Innovation in Government Award and received Professional Achievement Awards from the New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety and the state of New Jersey. She lectures in New York and New Jersey on trial advocacy/preparation and investigation methods, and she has been featured in news specials on ABC, NBC, CBS and the Discovery Channel.
- Complex civil litigation
- Employment law
- Environmental law
- White-collar criminal defense
- New York, 1989
- New Jersey, 2002
- Pennsylvania, 2015
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2009
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 1988
- State University of New York at Albany, B.S., Biology/Chemistry, 1985
- Innovation Award 2005, National Council of State Governments
- Professional Achievement Award 2004, State of New Jersey
- Professional Achievement Award 2004, New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2007-present
- Frequent speaker on a range of topics, such as “Cross Examination,” “How To Conduct Employment Investigations” and “Investigating a Circumstantial Case”
- Trial Advocacy Course, Manhattan District Attorney’s Office, 2014