Amy, an associate, maintains a focused employment litigation and counseling practice.
She defends employers in a wide range of disputes, including whistleblower/retaliation,
discrimination, harassment and noncompete matters before state and federal courts and administrative agencies,
and in arbitration proceedings, in New Jersey and New York. Amy represents employers in a wide variety of
industries, with a particular focus on pharmaceutical corporations.
Amy also counsels employers on compliance with state, federal and local employment laws and
regulations in connection with workplace accommodations, hiring, discipline, termination and
leaves of absence, among other workplace issues. She conducts anti-discrimination and anti-harassment
workplace training and drafts employment agreements, employment policies and employee handbooks.
Amy also has significant experience handling complex commercial litigation matters, including breach of contract,
fraud, tortious interference and other business tort claims.
She was selected from 2014-2018 for inclusion on the New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars© list for
Employment & Labor: Employer, General Litigation, based on a high degree of peer recognition and
- Employment Litigation
- Employment Advice and Counsel
- Commercial Litigation
- New Jersey, 2010
- New York, 2012
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2012
HONORS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Howard University School of Law, J.D., 2008; CALI Award for Academic Excellence – highest mark in legal
writing course; Merit Fellow, 2005-2008; Captain, Charles Hamilton Houston National Moot Court Team;
Student Attorney, Civil Rights Clinic
- University of Maryland, College Park, B.S., Early Childhood Education, 2003
- New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Star for Employment & Labor: Employer, General Litigation, in 2014-2018
- Garden State Bar Association
- Volunteer, NJ LEEP (Law and Education Empowerment Project), college-access program in the Newark area
- Hon. Travis L. Francis, Middlesex County Superior Court Assignment Judge, 2009-2010
- Hon. Reggie B. Walton, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, 2006