Zachary, an associate, concentrates his practice on civil litigation, primarily environmental and commercial matters, as well as contract disputes. In addition, he handles corporate law, employment law, professional liability, post-judgment remedies and First Amendment/media law.
His environmental cases include litigation between state governments and responsible parties over contamination remediation. Zachary also represents clients before regulatory agencies in petroleum-storage compliance matters.
His commercial matters include stock-transfer disputes in closely held companies, claims of breach of fiduciary duty in the management of a private equity fund, and allegations of tortious interference with the purchase of a business.
Other matters include shareholder derivative suits, legal malpractice claims, collection matters, breach of contract, and actions by tenants against condominium associations for breach of the master deed/governing documents.
Zachary’s clients range from small businesses, such as law offices and transportation companies, to large oil, health and media corporations. He also represents individuals—such as private equity fund investors and corporate executives—in litigation with former employers, condominium unit owners, gas station franchisees and property owners.
Zachary was selected in 2019 for inclusion on the
New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars© list, based
on a high degree of peer recognition
and professional achievement.
- Commercial Litigation
- Media and First Amendment Law
- Environmental Law
- New Jersey, 2011
- New York, 2012
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2015
- Cornell Law School, J.D., 2011; recipient, CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Advanced Legal Research; law library research fellow
- New Jersey Institute of Technology, B.A., History and Science & Technology Studies, magna cum laude, departmental/college/university honors, 2007
- American Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Hon. Rachel N. Davidson, Essex County Superior Court, Civil Division, 2011-2012; assisted in cases involving commercial transactions, professional malpractice, employment retaliation and discrimination, and defamation; regularly mediated Special Civil Part disputes