Katie Lopez, of counsel, represents her corporate clients in various environmental-related matters. Katie has considerable experience in negotiating agreements related to properties that may be involved in environmental investigation and remediation matters. She handles potential claims from former and current property owners related to such matters.
Katie negotiates access agreements, purchase and sale agreements, cost allocation agreements, and remediation and indemnification agreements. She has extensive experience working with public agencies, such as the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation and the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, to attain favorable results for her clients in implementing remediation efforts and complying with requests from these agencies.
Katie also represents her clients’ interests in cost recovery actions brought on behalf of the government and enforced under state environmental laws or regulations, including NYS Navigation Law, the NJ Spill Compensation and Control Act, and federal statutes, including CERCLA and RCRA.
- Clerkship, Hon. Hector R. Velasquez, J.S.C.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2002
- Georgetown University, B.S., 1999
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association